Friday, April 15, 2011

Easter Story, Emmaus


Easter story, Emmaus

It was already getting dark. The three people had gone to an inn. When I arrived there I saw only two people. Where was the third one? The two people were actually a couple. They were jumping up and down as if they had seen ghost. “No” they shouted. “It was the Master. When he was breaking the bread, we recognized him. But then he disappeared. He is alive. We must go back to Jerusalem to tell the disciples that he is alive.” Before I could say anything about the tomb they were off, running. So I ran with them. I managed to say that I had seen the tomb empty. That only shows it.
Arriving at the Upper Room they knocked on the door. Inside there must be lot of shouting, because the door remained shut. I went to the back of the building. I knew there was a window, a bit high but the shutter was open. I shouted until one man, I think it was Thomas, looked down. He recognized me and took my hand and pulled me in. What a scene!
I saw some women crying. They had gone to the tomb, saw it empty and asked the gardener whether he knew about the Master’ body. Then he said”Mary”. It was such a joy.
Also I went to Peter to tell what I had seen. He said that he and John ran to the tomb and found it empty and John believed that the Master was alive.
Every body was singing, “Alleluia; Jesus is raised from the dead”. I have never seen such a celebration. There I was, a follower of the Master, probably the youngest of the lot.
I met the couple whom I met in Emmaus. They still had some of the bread that Jesus broke. They gave me something of it. I ate it because I was very hungry. Other people also had started to eat.
All of a sudden every body stopped talking and were quiet with great amazements. Jesus appeared to his disciples as they were eating. He said to them,” May God give you peace!”
He said again,” I am sending you as the Father has sent me.” Then he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.”
The disciples seemed to be frightened and terrified because they thought seeing a ghost. But Jesus said,” Why are you so frightened? Why any doubt? Touch me and find out for yourselves.” The disciples got very close to him and touched him. They were absolutely happy. Jesus said,” Next time I see you in Galilee at the lake. Remember where it all began”.

There I became a follower. Now I am a believer.With the disciples I went often to thetemple praising God.
I must tell Sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment